Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Justin Tylmaronde

I was just a dumb kid when the magic hit.

I enlisted when I was sixteen.  I was stupid enough to think I was gonna change the world but smart enough to learn fast how the world worked.  Nothing like the War to End All Wars to make a kid grow up quick.

So I'm part of the advance on Ghent, and I'm dodging bullets like a psychotic monkey.  I was the smallest and the fastest runner, so they had me running messages between the trenches.  Artillery hits my unit trench and I'm far enough away not to die, but not far enough to escape being knocked out and deafened.  When I come to, Jerry has the trench and I'm lying too close to them and not close enough to the Allied line.  All I can hear is a dull roar and as I stagger upright, three Germans catch sight of me.

To this day I don't know what Words I spoke, or the exact stance I used.  All I know is that when they raised their rifles and pulled the triggers, I stretched my hand out like I was going to catch the bullets--and they bounced, sparking, off a translucent blue disc I had cast between me and them.

All of us were shocked.  I'm sure me and the Jerrys had the exact same look on our faces.  We looked at the blue shield-disc, then at each other--and then the Germans caught an artillery shell, and my shield blocked body parts as they were torn apart and flung away.

I never told anyone in the service about the magic.  Years later, when I was on the force, a couple of my partners figured it out--smart cookies; us detective types.  I guess your average Joe finds it kinda creepy, even when I do spells to save their lives.  I went through a lot of partners, got a lot of cold stares, and pointedly didn't get invites to weddings and parties... until I got the message and quit the force.

The detective business has been pretty good for me.  I have a good reputation.  But... I think my life should be about something else.  I can't have been granted this God-given ability to cast spells like a wizard to just find lost cats.


Name: Justin Tylmaronde
Archetype: Lawman
Player: Sinister Simian
Motivation: Truth

Age: 36
Height: 5'10"
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair

BODY: 2
DEX: 2
STR: 2
CHA: 4
INT: 3
WILL: 2

SIZE: 0
MOVE: 4
PERCEPTION: 5
INITIATIVE: 5
DEFENSE: 4
STUN: 2

Skills; Base+Levels=Rating

Sorcery: 4+5=9
Investigation: 3+3=6
Firearms: 2+4=6
Pistol Specialization:
Streetwise: 4+1=5
Con:4+1=5
Athletics: 2+1=3
Brawl: 2+1=3
Drive: 2+1=3
Empathy:3+1=4
Stealth: 2+1=3


Talents:
Magical Aptitude

Flaws:
Phobia: Spiders



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment